12 January, 2006

The Silence

What a new year, so far. Studying for the bar exam has taken a toll on... well, everything really. I don't have the time to write, I don't have the time to drink (at least like I want to), and worst of all, I really can't read what I want to anymore. I'm glad that this time around I am able to focus to such a degree, but I miss reading for pleasure. So, in lamentation, here is a list of all the books I can remember having read in 2005. I'll update as possible/necessary.

The Liar, Stephen Fry
Paperweight, Fry
The Hippopotamus, Fry
Making History, Fry
Tristram Shandy, Laurence Sterne
Confederacy of Dunces, John Kennedy Toole (for the umpteenth time)
Decline and Fall, Evelyn Waugh
French Lessons, Peter Mayle
Naive. Super. (?), Erlend Loe
Everything published thus far by David Sedaris
Galapagos, Kurt Vonnegut
Player Piano, Vonnegut
Jailbird, Vonnegut
John Adams, David McCullough(?)
Dance Dance Dance, Haruki Murakami
Chicago, City on the Make, Nelson Algren
A Walk on The Wild Side, Algren
Assasination Vacation, Sarah Vowell
Molloy, Samuel Beckett
If you lived here, you'd be home now, Sandra Tsing Loh
City of Quartz, Mike Davis
La Television, Jean-Philipe Toussaint (again)
L'appareil photo, Toussaint (finally)
Wobegon Boy, Garrison Keillor (again)
The Book of Guys, Keillor (again)
A book (forget the title) of essays/stories by Keillor

Various Sherlock Holmes, Arthur Conan Doyle

Hmm.. my mind is blank of a sudden... what else?

Oh I forgot:
Myra Breckinridge, Gore Vidal


Can't really remember the titles and authors of the pulp I read:
One of the newer Godfather titles, NOT by Puzo, but Something Winegardner
A rather pleasant mystery set in California wine country

Comments:
Beckett and Harry Potter, now isn't that interesting!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?